How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Helena smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete control of your Helena home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Helena do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or recorded video streams from all integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Helena by implementing schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Helena
Even though various users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add another user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and submit the details to send an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Helena smart home. Call (406) 926-5388 to learn more.